Mailed questionnaires provide a wealth of information through the tried-and-true method of direct mail, and are the best way to contact hard-to-reach people, such as those in rural or low-income areas, or to contact a large number of potential respondents.
While Mailed Questionnaires typically have a low response rate, we have developed a series of best practices to maximize the response rate and deliver the most accurate results. Here are a couple of key points to always keep in mind:
- Keep the questionnaire straight forward and to the point.
- The shorter the questionnaire the more likely people will be to respond.
- Always include a cover or invitation letter.
- Formatted surveys that are specially designed to ensure that they are correctly delivered in the mail, complete with easy-to-read questions and response choices.
- U.S. Mail package – to send questionnaires efficiently and receive completed surveys.
- Results provided and analyzed in custom or online reports, with an executive summary.
- Statistical analysis via SPSS.
- Reach a large group of potential respondents cost-effectively.
- Obtain rich qualitative and quantitative results.